Thursday, July 1, 2010

Possible Website?

If these videos I've started to make come together (it's hard to find time to edit the footage, and just keep track of stuff, logging what people have said and stuff is more time comsumptive than you might think), I'll put them on a webpage.

At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Some of my friends from film school have had their films shown at festivals - and even won awards - but then nothing.

So I'm thinking the web is the place for my short films.

I know that getting people to visit the website is going to be tough. Some of the films I've worked on have been posted on vimeo and youtube, but after our friends look at them, the trsffic drops off.

So, when I build my website, I'm going to try to work on a marketing strategy (one more thing I've got to worry about).

Look out Twitter, here I come.

Anybody interested in helping me should contact me:

filmguynick@gmail.com

I've already talked to one friend about the website. He's a web-designer with clients in Orlando and Tampa. He says he can help me make a site that plays the videos I'm making. But I think the license for the video player he's going to use actually belongs to one of his clients, so I'm not going to use his name here.

Anyone else who volunteers, especially if you want to help me log the tapes, will get credit prominent on on the website.

And if you know of any free tools for tracking visitors (I know google has analtyics but I've never used them) I'd like to build an email mailing list so I can put all the films on a DVD and maybe sell them to people who have visited the site.

I know it's a longshot, but I'm making the films anyway, and I don't know how else to reach people while I'm living in itty-bitty Plant City.

No comments:

Post a Comment