Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lottery Winner Murdered and Buried Under a Plant City House: blogpost July 22nd, 2010


After Abraham Shakespeare, a day laborer and 7th grade dropout, won a $31 million lottery prize in 2006, his luck didn't hold. Hounded by hangers-on, Shakespeare told his brother "I'd have been better off broke." In early 2009 Abraham Shakespeare disappeared. Months later someone pretending to be Shakespeare (a woman named DeeDee Moore?) wrote to Shakespeare's mother saying: I've left town because the police are after me me, but I'm OK. This letter was disturbing to Shakespeare's mom because she knew her son could not read or write. In January 2010, police working from a tip, excavated beneath a slab of concrete in a Plant City backyard (behind 5732 State Road 60) and found Abraham Shakespeare's remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment