Friday, July 9, 2010

Afghan War Vet Agrees to be Interviewed: blogpost July 9th, 2010


I hope to be filming a veteran of the war in Afghanistan sometime next week. He's recovering at the VA Hospital in Tampa from terrible wounds suffered in Afghanistan when his vehicle was blown-up last August. An IED, estimated by the Army to include 350-500 pounds of explosive, was apparently triggered by someone watching his convoy. I believe that this Army Sergeant Major was targeted by the Taliban. Apparently the bomb went off right under his vehicle. His injuries were mind-boggling. But he lived. I've talked to him (a friend of my mom's arranged a telephone introduction) and we're working on finding a time and place to meet to record an interview. More as it develops. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment